Food, Permaculture, Farm-tech & Husbandry
(Redirected from Agriculture (Food, Gardens and Greenhouses))
- Regenerative Design Institute (California Permaculture School)
- Permaculture Media
- FarmHack - Open-source community for resilient agriculture.
- Food & Tech
- Food Renegade
- Edible Forest Gardens
- Sustainable farming practices
- Permaculture media resource
- richsoil.com (permaculture articles)
Plant and gardening info
- Growstuff - Online gardener community, seed exchange and open-source platform for regional gardening information (crop-planting times, best-suited varietals, etc.).
- OpenFarm - Crowdsourced plant growing advice: "A wikipedia for gardening and farming."
- Nested Greenhouses (building a greenhouse within a greenhouse (and maybe within a third greenhouse) can extend the growing season, even allowing tropical plants to be grown in hard-winter zones.
- Window gardens and greenhouse extensions to homes is one solution to intense winters, since homes will be heated more at night than greenhouses.
- Seawater Greenhouse
- Eco-Machines: natural waste-water treatment
- Heat a Greenhouse During the Winter With Water
- Winter Garden Crops
- Home (and greenhouse) winterization
- Walipini/Subterranean Greenhouse
- Greenhouse of the Future DVD, plans, etc.
- Farmbot - Open-source automated polycropping and precision farming.
- Horto Domi: Open-source, automated Garden
- Growerbot - Kickstarter
- One Way to Make Aquaponics Easier
- Prefab systems
Biochar, Terra Preta
- Increases population and diversity of soil microbes.
- Increases and retains plant nutrients.
- Reduces soil compaction, lower soil bulk density.
- Increase water-holding capacity (save water).
- Carbon negative.
- Increase plant yield.
- International Biochar Initiative
- UC Davis Biochar Database
Water Retention, Rain Harvesting, De-desertification, Irrigation
- Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands (Vol. 1): Guiding Principles to Welcome Rain into Your Life And Landscape
- Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond (Vol. 2): Water-Harvesting Earthworks
- Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land: Lessons from Desert Farmers on Adapting to Climate Uncertainty
- Create an Oasis with Greywater: Choosing, Building and Using Greywater Systems - Includes Branched Drains
- Desert or Paradise: Restoring Endangered Landscapes Using Water Management, Including Lake and Pond Construction
- Harvesting Water - The Swale Plume 1.5 min
- Regenerative Landscapes (swales and water retention) - Ben Falk 10 min
- Permaculture Keyline Water Systems: Tom Ward @ Wolf Gulch Farm 11 min
- The Miracle Water Village 13 min
- TED Talk: Anupam Mishra: The ancient ingenuity of water harvesting 19 min
- WATER IS LIFE - The Water Retention Landscape of Tamera 10 min
- Bali’s water temples
- The Perfect Permaculture Fish Pond
- DIY Natural Organic Pools
- Small Dam/Pond Installation by Geoff Lawton
- Mike's High Desert Permaculture Plan in Action
Sustainable Pest Control
- Integrated pest management
- DIY Mosquito Trap (pesticide-free)
Animals & Holistic Management
- Holistic Grazing (de-desertification)
- Savory Institute
- Allan Savory
- Occam's Grazer: An In-depth Introduction to Holistic Management 45 min
- How Grassfed Beef Will Save the World 80 min
- Intensive Rotational Grazing - Whole Systems Design Carbon Farming 1 min
- Holistic Management: Overgrazing is not what most people think it is 2 min
- Presentation: Getting Results on the Land with Holistic Management 15 min
- Putting Grasslands to Work Conference: 2 full days worth of lectures on holistic graing animal management.
- Savory Institute Youtube channel
See also: Wetlabs, Research